General Anesthesia Services, Inc
PO Box 4005
Charleston, WV 25364
Today, unprecedented changes are transforming every aspect of how people work together. Our mission is to be an organization of professionals dedicated to the provision of quality anesthesia and perioperative services, while maintaining growth and development of its employees. Established in 1980, General Anesthesia Services, Inc. (GAS) is a medical corporation employing approximately 30 physicians committed to providing team anesthesia services to the patients we serve.
General Anesthesia Services, Inc. will be the leading provider of anesthesiology and perioperative services to the health care community.
- GAS will strive to provide and maintain quality cost-effective, competitive anesthesia services to the community.
- GAS will foster loyalty and commitment from its staff to further the primary purpose of the organization.
- GAS will maintain an environment that encourages continuing education, and board certification for both anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists in anesthesiology.
- GAS will foster leadership in the community and in the profession.
- GAS will foster good working relationships with hospital administrators to
enhance quality, cost-effective anesthesiology services.
GAS is the exclusive provider of anesthesia services to Charleston Area Medical Center and Charleston Surgical Hospital. Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) is the State's second largest tertiary care facility and it ranks number five in the number of cardiac cases performed annually. CAMC is a 950-bed facility spread across three campuses. Our medical staff actively provides services in pediatric anesthesia, obstetrics, neurology, orthopedics, cardiac, vascular, trauma, and general surgical cases. In addition to CAMC, our staff has the opportunity to perform cases at Charleston Surgical Hospital, a surgical hospital facility in Charleston.